Round Rock Texas City Data
Directly North of downtown Austin, Round Rock Texas has become a very popular landing spot. Home to the Round Rock Express baseball team, as well as many large businesses, including Dell, Ikea, and Premium Outlet Malls, Round Rock has something for everyone. Offering close proximity to downtown Austin, coupled with suburban living, rich with outdoor family activities, parks, shopping and beautiful homes.
We at Adkor know that when you are looking at Real Estate you're not simply buying bricks and mortar. Rather you are looking at the communities and what each has to offer you in the way of a quality of life. So here is some info as well as some links about Round Rock Texas, the demographics, county data, city data, area schools and Round Rock Real Estate Prices to help you on your way.
Looking to lease? Click here for a current list of Round Rock Homes for Lease.
Population in July 2009: 105,412. Population change since 2000: +72.4%
|Median resident age:||30.1 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Estimated median household income in 2009: $68,983 (it was $60,354 in 2000)
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $26,444
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $165,500 (it was $119,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2009: All housing units: $196,586; Detached houses: $197,613; Townhouses or other attached units: $171,547; In 2-unit structures: $152,541; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $137,491; Mobile homes: $114,433
Median gross rent in 2009: $985.
Races in Round Rock Tx: White Alone- 63,830 (60.9%) Hispanic- 26,244 (25%) Black alone- 7,600 (7.2%) Asian alone- 5,356 (5.1%) Two or more races- 1,438 (1.4%) American alone- 366 (.3%)
Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Round Rock: 93.1 (less than average, U.S. average is 100)
Ancestries: German (17.8%), Irish (10.7%), English (9.6%), United States (5.3%), Italian (3.5%), French (3.3%).
Land area: 26.1 square miles.
|Population density: 4033 people per square mile|
For population 25 years and over in Round Rock:
- High school or higher: 89.6%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 32.9%
- Graduate or professional degree: 9.1%
- Unemployed: 3.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 26.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Round Rock city:
- Never married: 23.3%
- Now married: 62.7%
- Separated: 1.8%
- Widowed: 3.1%
- Divorced: 9.1%
5,562 residents are foreign born (5.4% Latin America, 2.3% Asia).
According to our research there were 86 registered sex offenders living in Round Rock, Texas in July 2011
The ratio of number of residents in Round Rock to the number of sex offenders is 1226 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2009: $3,753 (2.2%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2009: $2,740 (1.9%)
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Austin, TX (15.5 miles , pop. 656,562).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: San Antonio, TX (89.1 miles , pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: Brushy Creek, TX (1.9 miles), Windemere, TX (2.0 miles), Wells Branch, TX (2.2 miles), Pflugerville, TX (2.4 miles), Jollyville, TX (2.6 miles), Hutto, TX (2.8 miles), Anderson Mill, TX (3.0 miles), Cedar Park, TX (3.1 miles).
Latitude: 30.51 N, Longitude: 97.67 W
Nickname or alias (official or unofficial): Daffodil Capital of Texas
Daytime population change due to commuting: +7,468 (+12.2%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 10,396 (32.8%)
Area code commonly used in this area: 512
Unemployment in March 2011:
Full-time law enforcement employees in 2009, including police officers: 200 (141 officers).
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:|
Population change in the 1990s: +29,332 (+92.2%)
Hospitals/medical centers in Round Rock:
- ROUND ROCK MEDICAL CENTER (Acute Care Hospitals, Proprietary, provides emergency services, 2400 ROUND ROCK AVE)
- SCOTT & WHITE HOSPITAL-ROUND ROCK (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, 300 UNIVERSITY BLVD)
- SETON MEDICAL CENTER WILLIAMSON
- (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, 201 SETON PARKWAY
Last 4 year RRISD school ratings http://www.soldbyceleste.com/Round-Rock-ISD.php
Public high schools in Round Rock:
- ROUND ROCK High School (Students: 2245; Location: 300 LK CREEK DR; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 68)
- STONY POINT HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2226; Location: 1801 BOWMAN RD; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 60)
- GOALS (Location: 300 N LK CREEK DR; Grades: 6-12)
- SUCCESS PROGRAM EAST (Location: 1801 BOWMAN DR; Grades: 9-12)
- NEW HIGH SCHOOL - SOUTHEAST (Location: 1311 ROUND ROCK AVE; Grades: 9-12)
Private high school in Round Rock:
Biggest public elementary/middle schools in Round Rock:
- HOPEWELL MIDDLE (Students: 1329; Location: 1535 GULF WAY; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 65)
- RIDGEVIEW MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1104; Location: 2000 VIA SONOMA TRL; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 80)
- BLACKLAND PRAIRIE Elementary (Students: 1027; Location: 2105 VIA SONOMA TRL; Grades: EE-5; Our rating: 90)
- CHISHOLM TRAIL MIDDLE (Students: 1026; Location: 500 OAKRIDGE DR; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 76)
- FOREST CREEK Elementary (Students: 996; Location: 3805 FOREST CREEK DR; Grades: EE-5; Our rating: 87)
- GREAT OAKS Elementary (Students: 996; Location: 16455 GREAT OAKS DR; Grades: EE-5; Our rating: 97)
- DOUBLE FILE TRAIL Elementary (Students: 848; Location: 2400 CHANDLER CREEK BLVD; Grades: EE-5; Our rating: 76)
- FERN BLUFF Elementary (Students: 841; Location: 17815 PARK VLY; Grades: EE-5; Our rating: 98)
- CALDWELL ELEMENTARY (Students: 814; Location: 1718 PICADILLY DR; Grades: EE-5; Our rating: 65)
- CACTUS RANCH Elementary (Students: 804; Location: 2901 GOLDENOAK CIR; Grades: EE-6; Our rating: 93)
Private elementary/middle schools in Round Rock:
Master Planned Communities: Growing in popularity in Texas Real Estate is the concept of Master Planned Communities. Many have schools within their boundaries, community pools and parks and now it is not uncommon to see small shops or businesses such as doctors, vets or convenience stores open their doors within or in close proximity to the communities. This allows for a small town within a big town kind of feel. Click on the link above to see more information about several such communities in the area. There are several master planned communities in the Round Rock area including Avery Ranch homes for sale, Forest Creek homes for sale, Sonoma and Mayfield Ranch.
Thank you for giving us a chance to earn your trust…and then… earn your business.
The communities that make up the Austin – San Marcos Metroplex area are listed below:
Click on the city name for a to go to the City Information/Census Data:
Austin Texas city info - Bastrop Texas city info – Buda Texas city info - Canyon Lake Texas city info – Cedar Park Texas city info - Dripping Springs Texas city info – Elgin Texas city info - Georgetown Texas city info – Hutto Texas city info - Kyle Texas city info – Lago Vista Texas city info - Lakeway Texas city info - Leander Texas city info - Manor Texas city info – New Braunfels Texas city info - Pflugerville Texas city info – Round Rock Texas city info - San Marcos Texas city info - Westlake Hills Texas city info - Wimberley Texas city info
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Sale across cities:
Buda Texas homes for sale - Dripping Springs Texas homes for sale – Kyle Texas homes for sale – Lakeway Texas homes for sale - Leander Texas homes for sale - Manor Texas homes for sale – New Braunfels Texas homes for sale - Pflugerville Texas homes for sale – Round Rock Texas homes for sale - San Marcos Texas homes for sale - Wimberley Texas homes for sale - Cedar Park Texas Homes for sale - Georgetown Texas Homes for sale - Driftwood Texas homes for sale - Austin Texas Homes for sale - Lago Vista Homes for sale - Westlake Hills Homes for sale
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Lease across cities:
Austin Texas Homes for Lease – Buda Texas Homes for Lease - Cedar Park Texas Homes for Lease - Dripping Springs Texas Homes for Lease – Georgetown Texas Homes for Lease - Kyle Texas Homes for Lease – Lago Vista Texas Homes for Lease - Lakeway Texas Homes for Lease - Leander Texas Homes for Lease - Manor Texas Homes for Lease – Pflugerville Texas Homes for Lease – Round Rock Texas Homes for Lease - Westlake Hills Texas Homes for Lease - Wimberley Texas homes for lease
Information in this site is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Data pulled from www.city-data.com. or Austin MLS system. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. For more information or verification you are encouraged to go to www.city-data.com and other personal sources.
We at Adkor Realty would love to be your Area Real Estate Agent. For more information on the cities we serve, the real estate prices, population and other interesting facts click on the following city links.
Austin Texas real estate
Bastrop Texas Real estate – Buda Texas real estate
Canyon Lake Texas real estate – Cedar Park Texas real estate
Dripping Springs Texas real estate – Elgin Texas real estate
Georgetown Texas real estate – Hutto Texas real estate
Kyle Texas real estate – Lago Vista Texas real estate
Lakeway Texas real estate – Leander Texas real estate
Manor Texas real estate – New Braunfels Texas real estate
Pflugerville Texas Real estate – Round Rock Texas real estate
San Marcos Texas real estate - Westlake Hills Texas real estate
Wimberley Texas real estate