Georgetown Texas City Data
We at Adkor know that when you are looking at Real Estate you're not simply buying bricks and mortar. Rather you are looking at the communities and what each has to offer you in the way of a quality of life. So here is some info and links about Georgetown, TX, the demographics, county data, city data, area schools and Georgetown Real Estate Prices
Georgetown is the historic county seat of Williamson County. Both the county, and the city, have experienced a tremendous growth pattern over the past 10 years. The population of Georgetown has almost doubled since 1997, reaching approximately 30,000 residents. Originally founded at the fork of the San Gabriel River, Georgetown is only a short commute North of the Austin City Limits, yet offers its residents a small hometown feel.
Population in July 2009: 50,885. Population change since 2000: +79.6%
|Median resident age:||36.9 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Estimated median household income in 2009: $62,776 (it was $54,098 in 2000)
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $29,470
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $183,519 (it was $139,200 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2009: All housing units: $197,445; Detached houses: $199,586; Townhouses or other attached units: $117,433; In 2-unit structures: $153,307; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $120,255; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $106,753; Mobile homes: $64,125
Median gross rent in 2009: $887.
Races in Georgetown, TX: White alone- 32,083 (71.3%) Hispanic- 9,868 (21.9%) Balck alone- 1,357 (3%) Asian alone- 822 (1.8%) Two or more races- 492 (1.1%) Amercian alone- 319 (.7%) Other races alone- 64 (.1%)
Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Georgetown: 93.6 (less than average, U.S. average is 100)
Ancestries: German (18.6%), English (15.5%), Irish (11.1%), United States (6.8%), French (3.5%), Scotch-Irish (3.2%).
Land area: 22.8 square miles.
|Population density: 2229 people per square mile|
For population 25 years and over in Georgetown:
- High school or higher: 87.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 36.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.5%
- Unemployed: 2.9%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 25.2 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Georgetown city:
- Never married: 20.3%
- Now married: 62.7%
- Separated: 1.6%
- Widowed: 7.3%
- Divorced: 8.2%
1,888 residents are foreign born (4.9% Latin America, 1.0% Europe).
According to our research there were 51 registered sex offenders living in Georgetown, Texas in July 2011
The ratio of number of residents in Georgetown to the number of sex offenders is 998 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2009: $3,724 (2.1%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2009: $3,333 (1.8%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Round Rock, TX (9.4 miles , pop. 61,136).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Austin, TX (24.6 miles , pop. 656,562).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: San Antonio, TX (96.8 miles , pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: Serenada, TX (1.7 miles ), Weir, TX (2.4 miles ), Jarrell, TX (3.0 miles ), Round Rock, TX (3.1 miles ), Brushy Creek, TX (3.2 miles ), Hutto, TX (3.3 miles ), Leander, TX (3.5 miles ), Cedar Park, TX (3.7 miles ).
Nickname or alias (official or unofficial): Red Poppy Capital of Texas
Daytime population change due to commuting: +1,327 (+4.7%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 5,487 (43.2%)
Area code: 512
Unemployment in March 2011:
Full-time law enforcement employees in 2009, including police officers: 102 (72 officers).
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:|
Population change in the 1990s: +12,106 (+74.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Georgetown:
- ROUND ROCK MEDICAL CENTER (Acute Care Hospitals, Proprietary, provides emergency services, about 10 miles away; ROUND ROCK, TX)
- SCOTT & WHITE HOSPITAL-ROUND ROCK (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, about 10 miles away; ROUND ROCK, TX)
- SETON MEDICAL CENTER WILLIAMSON (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, about 10 miles away; ROUND ROCK, TX)
Georgetown is in the Georgetown Independent School District: (see Area Schools) Last 4 years school ratings
College/University in Georgetown:
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Georgetown:
- Austin Community College District (about 23 miles; Austin, TX; Full-time enrollment: 10,815)
- The University of Texas at Austin (about 26 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 46,563)
- Saint Edward's University (about 30 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 3,612)
- Central Texas College (about 32 miles; Killeen, TX; FT enrollment: 4,130)
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor (about 32 miles; Belton, TX; FT enrollment: 2,379)
- Temple College (about 36 miles; Temple, TX; FT enrollment: 2,250)
- Texas State University-San Marcos (about 55 miles; San Marcos, TX; FT enrollment: 23,372)
Public high schools in Georgetown:
- GEORGETOWN High School (Students: 1957; Location: 1701 N AUSTIN AVE; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 74)
- WM S LOTT JUVENILE CTR (Students: 5; Location: 701 N COLLEGE ST; Grades: 6-12)
- LOTT JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER (Students: 2; Location: 701 N COLLEGE; Grades: 4-12)
- CHIP RICHARTE High School (Location: 2201 OLD AIRPORT RD; Grades: 9-12)
- LOTT DETENTION CENTER (Location: 701 N COLLEGE; Grades: 6-12)
- LOTT DETENTION CENTER (Location: 701 N COLLEGE; Grades: 7-12)
- ANNUNCIATION MATERNITY HOME (Location: 3610 SHELL RD; Grades: 6-12)
Private high school in Georgetown:
Biggest public elementary/middle schools in Georgetown:
- JAMES TIPPIT MIDDLE (Students: 803; Location: 1601 LEANDER RD; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 81)
- GEORGETOWN 9TH GRADE (Students: 670; Location: 2295 AUSTIN AVE; Grades: 9; Our rating: 58)
- DOUGLAS BENOLD MIDDLE (Students: 669; Location: 3407 NW BLVD; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 84)
- ANNIE PURL Elementary (Students: 668; Location: 1700 LAUREL ST; Grades: EE-2; Our rating: 73)
- CHARLES A FORBES MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 625; Location: 1911 NE INNER LOOP; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 78)
- PAT COOPER Elementary (Students: 520; Location: 1550 F M 971; Grades: KG-5; Our rating: 70)
- WILLIAMS ELEMENTARY (Students: 482; Location: 507 E UNIVERSITY AVE; Grades: 3-5; Our rating: 73)
- CARVER Elementary (Students: 465; Location: 1200 W 17TH; Grades: EE-2; Our rating: 82)
- FROST Elementary (Students: 462; Location: 711 LAKEWAY DR; Grades: EE-2; Our rating: 72)
- RAYE MCCOY Elementary (Students: 430; Location: 1313 WILLIAMS DR; Grades: 3-5; Our rating: 72)
Private elementary/middle schools in Georgetown:
- COMMUNITY MONTESSORI SCHOOL (Students: 220; Location: 500 PLEASANT VALLEY DR; Grades: PK - PK)
- ZION LUTHERAN SCHOOL (Students: 195; Location: 6101 FM 1105; Grades: PK - 8)
- ST HELEN CATHOLIC SCHOOL (Students: 167; Location: 2700 E UNIVERSITY AVE; Grades: PK - 8)
- GRACE ACADEMY (Students: 104; Location: 225 GRACE BLVD; Grades: KG - 11)
Selecting a community - Austin Area Master Planned Communities
Master Planned Communities in Georgetown Texas: Growing in popularity in Texas Real Estate is the concept of Master Planned Communities. Many have schools within their boundaries, community pools and parks and now it is not uncommon to see small shops or businesses such as doctors, vets or convenience stores open their doors within or in close proximity to the communities. This allows for a small town within a big town kind of feel. Click on the link above to see more information about several such communities in the area. Several of these communities in Georgetown are Berry Creek and Cimmaron.
Thank you for giving us a chance to earn your trust…and then… earn your business.
The communities that make up the Austin – San Marcos Metroplex area are listed below:
Click on the city name for a to go to the City Information/Census Data:
Austin Texas city info - Bastrop Texas city info – Buda Texas city info - Canyon Lake Texas city info – Cedar Park Texas city info - Dripping Springs Texas city info – Elgin Texas city info - Georgetown Texas city info – Hutto Texas city info - Kyle Texas city info – Lago Vista Texas city info - Lakeway Texas city info - Leander Texas city info - Manor Texas city info – New Braunfels Texas city info - Pflugerville Texas city info – Round Rock Texas city info - San Marcos Texas city info - Westlake Hills Texas city info - Wimberley Texas city info
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Sale across cities:
Buda Texas homes for sale - Dripping Springs Texas homes for sale – Kyle Texas homes for sale – Lakeway Texas homes for sale - Leander Texas homes for sale - Manor Texas homes for sale – New Braunfels Texas homes for sale - Pflugerville Texas homes for sale – Round Rock Texas homes for sale - San Marcos Texas homes for sale - Wimberley Texas homes for sale - Cedar Park Texas Homes for sale - Georgetown Texas Homes for sale - Driftwood Texas homes for sale - Austin Texas Homes for sale - Lago Vista Homes for sale - Westlake Hills Homes for sale
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Lease across cities:
Austin Texas Homes for Lease – Buda Texas Homes for Lease - Cedar Park Texas Homes for Lease - Dripping Springs Texas Homes for Lease – Georgetown Texas Homes for Lease - Kyle Texas Homes for Lease – Lago Vista Texas Homes for Lease - Lakeway Texas Homes for Lease - Leander Texas Homes for Lease - Manor Texas Homes for Lease – Pflugerville Texas Homes for Lease – Round Rock Texas Homes for Lease - Westlake Hills Texas Homes for Lease - Wimberley Texas homes for lease
Information in this site is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Data pulled from www.city-data.com. or Austin MLS system. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. For more information or verification you are encouraged to go to www.city-data.com and other personal sources.
We at Adkor Realty would love to be your Area Real Estate Agent. For more information on the cities we serve, the real estate prices, population and other interesting facts click on the following city links.
Austin Texas real estate
Bastrop Texas Real estate – Buda Texas real estate
Canyon Lake Texas real estate – Cedar Park Texas real estate
Dripping Springs Texas real estate – Elgin Texas real estate
Georgetown Texas real estate – Hutto Texas real estate
Kyle Texas real estate – Lago Vista Texas real estate
Lakeway Texas real estate – Leander Texas real estate
Manor Texas real estate – New Braunfels Texas real estate
Pflugerville Texas Real estate – Round Rock Texas real estate
San Marcos Texas real estate - Westlake Hills Texas real estate
Wimberley Texas real estate