Dripping Springs Texas Real Estate and City Data
We at Adkor know that when you are looking at Dripping Springs Real Estate you're not simply buying bricks and mortar. Rather you are looking at the communities and what each has to offer you in the way of a quality of life. So here is some info and links about Dripping Springs Texas the demographics, county data, city data, area schools and Dripping Springs Real Estate Prices compared to other Austin area cities.
Dripping Springs Real Estate Market Update (updated weekly)
Population in July 2009: 1,875. Population change since 2000: +21.1%
|Median resident age:||36.3 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip codes: 78620.
Estimated median household income in 2009: $63,143 (it was $47,212 in 2000)
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $27,386
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $201,297 (it was $129,800 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2009: All housing units: $254,741; Detached houses: $287,050; Mobile homes: $140,890
Median gross rent in 2009: $1,106.
- White alone - 1,081 (70.1%)
- Hispanic - 431 (28.0%)
- American alone - 26 (1.7%)
- Two or more races - 4 (0.3%)
Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Dripping Springs: 83.8 (less than average, U.S. average is 100)
Ancestries: German (15.1%), English (12.1%), Irish (10.4%), French (6.5%), United States (4.7%), Scotch-Irish (4.2%).
For population 25 years and over in Dripping Springs:
- High school or higher: 80.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 22.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.9%
- Unemployed: 1.4%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 28.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Dripping Springs city:
- Never married: 23.3%
- Now married: 59.6%
- Separated: 0.7%
- Widowed: 5.5%
- Divorced: 10.9%
140 residents are foreign born (8.1% Latin America).
According to our research there was one registered sex offender living in Dripping Springs, Texas in December 2010
The ratio of number of residents in Dripping Springs to the number of sex offenders is 1875 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2009: $4,571 (1.9%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2009: $2,333 (2.1%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Austin, TX (21.6 miles , pop. 656,562).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: San Antonio, TX (57.3 miles , pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: Bear Creek, TX (3.0 miles ), Bee Cave, TX (3.3 miles ), Woodcreek, TX (3.4 miles ), The Hills, TX (3.5 miles ), Shady Hollow, TX (3.7 miles ), Hays, TX (3.7 miles ), Wimberley, TX (3.7 miles ), Lakeway, TX (3.7 miles ).
Single-family new house construction building permits:
- 2002: 6 buildings, average cost: $151,800
- 2003: 13 buildings, average cost: $163,000
- 2004: 5 buildings, average cost: $236,000
- 2005: 11 buildings, average cost: $225,800
- 2006: 17 buildings, average cost: $245,300
- 2007: 9 buildings, average cost: $299,400
- 2008: 5 buildings, average cost: $284,500
- 2009: 4 buildings, average cost: $230,700
- 2010: 5 buildings, average cost: $264,100
Latitude: 30.19 N, Longitude: 98.09 W
Area code: 512
Unemployment in March 2011:
Population change in the 1990s: +356 (+29.9%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Dripping Springs:
- SETON SOUTHWEST HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, about 8 miles away; AUSTIN, TX)
- AUSTIN SURGICAL HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals, Proprietary, provides emergency services, about 18 miles away; AUSTIN, TX)
- THE HOSPITAL AT WESTLAKE MEDICAL CENTER (Acute Care Hospitals, Proprietary, provides emergency services, about 18 miles away; AUSTIN, TX)
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Dripping Springs:
- Saint Edward's University (about 20 miles; Austin, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,612)
- The University of Texas at Austin (about 23 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 46,563)
- Texas State University-San Marcos (about 23 miles; San Marcos, TX; FT enrollment: 23,372)
- Austin Community College District (about 25 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 10,815)
- The University of Texas at San Antonio (about 53 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 21,323)
- University of the Incarnate Word (about 56 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 4,013)
- Trinity University (about 56 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 2,563)
Dripping Springs IASD last 4 years school ratings
Public high school in Dripping Springs:
- DRIPPING SPRINGS High School (Students: 1131; Location: 111 TIGER LN; Grades: 9-12; Our rating: 83)
Public elementary/middle schools in Dripping Springs:
- DRIPPING SPRINGS PRI (Students: 912; Location: 29400 RANCH RD 12; Grades: EE-3; Our rating: 86)
- DRIPPING SPRINGS MIDDLE (Students: 865; Location: 940 W HWY 290; Grades: 6-8; Our rating: 83)
- DRIPPING SPRINGS INT (Students: 642; Location: 300 SPORTSPLEX DR; Grades: 4-5; Our rating: 86)
- ROOSTER SPRINGS Elementary (Location: 510 W MERCER ST; Grades: KG-5)
Average household size:
|This city:||2.8 people|
Percentage of family households:
Percentage of households with unmarried partners:
Likely homosexual households (counted as self-reported same-sex unmarried-partner households)
- Lesbian couples: 0.2% of all households
- Gay men: 0.0% of all households
Median household income above state average.
- Median house value above state average.
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly above state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly above state average.
- Length of stay since moving in significantly below state average.
- House age significantly below state average.
Master Planned Communities: Growing in popularity in Texas Real Estate is the concept of Master Planned Communities. Many have schools within their boundaries, community pools and parks and now it is not uncommon to see small shops or businesses such as doctors, vets or convenience stores open their doors within or in close proximity to the communities. This allows for a small town within a big town kind of feel. Click on the link above to see more information about several such communities in the area. A popular master planned community in Dripping Springs (though it has an Austin address) is the community of Belterra, located off Highway 290.
Thank you for giving us a chance to earn your trust and then earn your business.
The communities that make up the Austin – San Marcos Metroplex area are listed below:
Click on the city name for a to go to the City Information/Census Data:
Austin Texas city info - Bastrop Texas city info – Buda Texas city info - Canyon Lake Texas city info – Cedar Park Texas city info - Dripping Springs Texas city info – Elgin Texas city info - Georgetown Texas city info – Hutto Texas city info - Kyle Texas city info – Lago Vista Texas city info - Lakeway Texas city info - Leander Texas city info - Manor Texas city info – New Braunfels Texas city info - Pflugerville Texas city info – Round Rock Texas city info - San Marcos Texas city info - Westlake Hills Texas city info - Wimberley Texas city info
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Sale across cities:
Buda Texas homes for sale - Dripping Springs Texas homes for sale – Kyle Texas homes for sale – Lakeway Texas homes for sale - Leander Texas homes for sale - Manor Texas homes for sale – New Braunfels Texas homes for sale - Pflugerville Texas homes for sale – Round Rock Texas homes for sale - San Marcos Texas homes for sale - Wimberley Texas homes for sale - Cedar Park Texas Homes for sale - Georgetown Texas Homes for sale - Driftwood Texas homes for sale - Austin Texas Homes for sale - Lago Vista Homes for sale - Westlake Hills Homes for sale
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Lease across cities:
Austin Texas Homes for Lease – Buda Texas Homes for Lease - Cedar Park Texas Homes for Lease - Dripping Springs Texas Homes for Lease – Georgetown Texas Homes for Lease - Kyle Texas Homes for Lease – Lago Vista Texas Homes for Lease - Lakeway Texas Homes for Lease - Leander Texas Homes for Lease - Manor Texas Homes for Lease – Pflugerville Texas Homes for Lease – Round Rock Texas Homes for Lease - Westlake Hills Texas Homes for Lease - Wimberley Texas homes for lease
Information in this site is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Data pulled from www.city-data.com. or Austin MLS system. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. For more information or verification you are encouraged to go to www.city-data.com and other personal sources.
We at Adkor Realty would love to be your Area Real Estate Agent. For more information on the cities we serve, the real estate prices, population and other interesting facts click on the following city links.
Austin Texas real estate
Bastrop Texas Real estate – Buda Texas real estate
Canyon Lake Texas real estate – Cedar Park Texas real estate
Dripping Springs Texas real estate – Elgin Texas real estate
Georgetown Texas real estate – Hutto Texas real estate
Kyle Texas real estate – Lago Vista Texas real estate
Lakeway Texas real estate – Leander Texas real estate
Manor Texas real estate – New Braunfels Texas real estate
Pflugerville Texas Real estate – Round Rock Texas real estate
San Marcos Texas real estate - Westlake Hills Texas real estate
Wimberley Texas real estate