San Marcos Texas City Data
We at Adkor know that when you are looking at Real Estate you're not simply buying bricks and mortar. Rather you are looking at the communities and what each has to offer you in the way of a quality of life. So here is some info and links about San Marcos, TX, the demographics, county data, city data, area schools and San Marcos Real Estate Prices
San Marcos' rich and distinct history finds its source at the San Marcos River, a hub for life over the centuries. Studies have proven San Marcos one of the oldest continuously inhabited sites in North America. Evidence of Native Americans living along the riverbanks dates as far back as 12,000 years ago. That aside you'll find a thriving city within a beautiful environment and the San Marcos River still lies at the heart of it all.
And if the beauty isn't enough to persuade you to consider San Marcos for your next new home, the outlet mall in San Marcos was recently named by the TV show "The View" as the 3rd shopping center destination in the world!!!!
San Marcos is in the San Marcos Independent School District: (See Area Schools)
Population in July 2009: 53,205. Population change since 2000: +53.2%
|Median resident age:||23.3 years|
|Texas median age:||32.3 years|
Zip codes: 78666, 78667.
Estimated median household income in 2009: $26,357 (it was $25,809 in 2000)
Estimated per capita income in 2009: $14,983
Estimated median house or condo value in 2009: $123,301 (it was $76,000 in 2000)
Mean prices in 2009: All housing units: $135,148; Detached houses: $150,429; Townhouses or other attached units: $133,538; In 2-unit structures: $156,581; In 3-to-4-unit structures: $90,850; In 5-or-more-unit structures: $120,918; Mobile homes: $46,153; Occupied boats, RVs, vans, etc.: $48,003
Median gross rent in 2009: $741.
Races in San Marcos, TX: White alone- 26,993 (54.5%) Hispanic- 18,528 (37.4%) Black alone- 2,542 (5.1%) Asian alone- 863 (1.7%) Amercian alone- 293 (.6%) Two or more races- 274 (.6%) Other races alone- 72 (.1%)
Jan. 2011 cost of living index in San Marcos: 93.8 (less than average, U.S. average is 100)
Ancestries: German (15.0%), Irish (8.1%), English (6.5%), United States (3.8%), French (2.9%), Italian (2.9%).
Elevation: 619 feet
Land area: 18.2 square miles.
|Population density: 2922 people per square mile|
For population 25 years and over in San Marcos:
- High school or higher: 79.5%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 29.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 11.0%
- Unemployed: 8.7%
- Mean travel time to work (commute): 20.6 minutes
For population 15 years and over in San Marcos city:
- Never married: 58.0%
- Now married: 29.8%
- Separated: 1.1%
- Widowed: 4.0%
- Divorced: 7.1%
1,679 residents are foreign born (3.2% Latin America, 0.8% Asia, 0.6% Europe).
According to our research there were 82 registered sex offenders living in San Marcos, Texas in July 2011
The ratio of number of residents in San Marcos to the number of sex offenders is 649 to 1.
The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is near the state average.
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with mortgages in 2009: $2,561 (2.0%)
Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units with no mortgage in 2009: $1,754 (1.7%)
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Austin, TX (31.3 miles , pop. 656,562).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: San Antonio, TX (45.4 miles , pop. 1,144,646).
Nearest cities: Redwood, TX (2.2 miles ), Martindale, TX (2.4 miles ), Kyle, TX (2.9 miles ), Uhland, TX (3.2 miles ), Mountain City, TX (3.4 miles ), Wimberley, TX (3.5 miles ), Niederwald, TX (3.8 miles ), Woodcreek, TX (3.8 miles ).
Latitude: 29.88 N, Longitude: 97.94 W
Daytime population change due to commuting: +4,904 (+14.1%)
Workers who live and work in this city: 11,028 (60.7%)
Area code: 512
Unemployment in March 2011:
Full-time law enforcement employees in 2009, including police officers: 127 (96 officers).
|Officers per 1,000 residents here:|
Population change in the 1990s: +5,609 (+19.3%).
Hospital/medical center in San Marcos:
Other hospitals/medical centers near San Marcos:
- SETON MEDICAL CENTER HAYS (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, about 10 miles away; KYLE, TX)
- SETON EDGAR B DAVIS HOSPITAL (Critical Access Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, about 22 miles away; LULING, TX)
- SETON SOUTHWEST HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Church, provides emergency services, about 22 miles away; AUSTIN, TX)
College/University in San Marcos:
Last 4 year school ratings for San Marcos ISD
Other colleges/universities with over 2000 students near San Marcos:
- Saint Edward's University (about 27 miles; Austin, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,612)
- The University of Texas at Austin (about 31 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 46,563)
- Austin Community College District (about 34 miles; Austin, TX; FT enrollment: 10,815)
- University of the Incarnate Word (about 43 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 4,013)
- Trinity University (about 44 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 2,563)
- St Philips College (about 45 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 3,465)
- San Antonio College (about 46 miles; San Antonio, TX; FT enrollment: 8,290)
Public high schools in San Marcos:
Private high schools in San Marcos:
Public elementary/middle schools in San Marcos:
- HERNANDEZ INT (Students: 1049; Location: 333 STAGECOACH TRL; Grades: 5-6; Our rating: 65)
- CROCKETT Elementary (Students: 733; Location: 1300 GIRARD ST; Grades: KG-4; Our rating: 74)
- DEZAVALA Elementary (Students: 697; Location: F M 621 S; Grades: KG-4; Our rating: 68)
- TRAVIS Elementary (Students: 666; Location: 1437 POST RD; Grades: KG-4; Our rating: 54)
- BOWIE Elementary (Students: 659; Location: 1225 HWY 123; Grades: KG-4; Our rating: 67)
- GOODNIGHT Junior High School (Students: 511; Location: 607 PETER GARZA; Grades: 7-8; Our rating: 53)
- MILLER Junior High School (Students: 482; Location: 301 FOXTAIL RUN; Grades: 7-8; Our rating: 48)
- BONHAM PK (Students: 341; Location: 210 LEE ST; Grades: EE-PK)
- TEXAS PREPARATORY SCHOOL (Students: 88; Location: 900 BUGG LN STE 110A; Grades: PK-8; Our rating: 9)
Private elementary/middle schools in San Marcos:
Thank you for giving us a chance to earn your trust…and then… earn your business.
The communities that make up the Austin – San Marcos Metroplex area are listed below:
Click on the city name for a to go to the City Information/Census Data:
Austin Texas city info - Bastrop Texas city info – Buda Texas city info - Canyon Lake Texas city info – Cedar Park Texas city info - Dripping Springs Texas city info – Elgin Texas city info - Georgetown Texas city info – Hutto Texas city info - Kyle Texas city info – Lago Vista Texas city info - Lakeway Texas city info - Leander Texas city info - Manor Texas city info – New Braunfels Texas city info - Pflugerville Texas city info – Round Rock Texas city info - San Marcos Texas city info - Westlake Hills Texas city info - Wimberley Texas city info
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Sale across cities:
Buda Texas homes for sale - Dripping Springs Texas homes for sale – Kyle Texas homes for sale – Lakeway Texas homes for sale - Leander Texas homes for sale - Manor Texas homes for sale – New Braunfels Texas homes for sale - Pflugerville Texas homes for sale – Round Rock Texas homes for sale - San Marcos Texas homes for sale - Wimberley Texas homes for sale - Cedar Park Texas Homes for sale - Georgetown Texas Homes for sale - Driftwood Texas homes for sale - Austin Texas Homes for sale - Lago Vista Homes for sale - Westlake Hills Homes for sale
Click on the city name below for a up-to-date list of Homes For Lease across cities:
Austin Texas Homes for Lease – Buda Texas Homes for Lease - Cedar Park Texas Homes for Lease - Dripping Springs Texas Homes for Lease – Georgetown Texas Homes for Lease - Kyle Texas Homes for Lease – Lago Vista Texas Homes for Lease - Lakeway Texas Homes for Lease - Leander Texas Homes for Lease - Manor Texas Homes for Lease – Pflugerville Texas Homes for Lease – Round Rock Texas Homes for Lease - Westlake Hills Texas Homes for Lease - Wimberley Texas homes for lease
Information in this site is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Data pulled from www.city-data.com. or Austin MLS system. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. For more information or verification you are encouraged to go to www.city-data.com and other personal sources.
We at Adkor Realty would love to be your Area Real Estate Agent. For more information on the cities we serve, the real estate prices, population and other interesting facts click on the following city links.
Austin Texas real estate
Bastrop Texas Real estate – Buda Texas real estate
Canyon Lake Texas real estate – Cedar Park Texas real estate
Dripping Springs Texas real estate – Elgin Texas real estate
Georgetown Texas real estate – Hutto Texas real estate
Kyle Texas real estate – Lago Vista Texas real estate
Lakeway Texas real estate – Leander Texas real estate
Manor Texas real estate – New Braunfels Texas real estate
Pflugerville Texas Real estate – Round Rock Texas real estate
San Marcos Texas real estate - Westlake Hills Texas real estate
Wimberley Texas real estate